How To Make Chai The Traditional Way: You Gotta Love Chai & Code and Resonate
Nothing beats a cup of chai made well. Nothing!
But how do you make chai? And how do you make it well?
The ingredients below are for one person. If you would like to make this tea for more people, just multiply the ingredients by the number of people you are serving.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Half a cup of water
- Half a cup of milk
- 2 green cardamoms
- 5 fennel seeds
- Approximately 1 inch of a cinnamon stick
- Sugar or another sweetener
- And some tea! Assam loose leaf tea, Queen of Assam tea will be perfect.
To simply the above, try our loose Sweet Chai, or Sweet Chai teabags.
A heaped tea spoon of any of the above loose teas or one tea bag will be enough.
- Firstly, place the tea into a pan and pour in the half a cup of water. Next add in the cardamoms, the fennel seeds and the cinnamon, or your Sweet Chai. Heat this mixture until it begins to boil.
- Once boiling, pour in the half cup of milk and continue heating.
- When the tea concoction starts to boil again, raise and lower the heat a few times (three is enough) to make sure everything has mixed well before you turn of the heat.
- Finally using a strainer, pour out the tea into your favorite mug and enjoy!
Mix in 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of sugar or more if you have a sweet tooth! Also an alternate sweetener can be used such as honey.
And that’s it. Follow the steps and you’ll love Chai & Code in no time!